Thursday, February 24, 2011

THAT Time of YEAR

Tomorrow Reliant Stadium and surrounding facilities will begin to host the events leading to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. It is… the world’s largest livestock exhibition, as well as, the richest PRCA rodeo event in the country.

Last year over 22,000 volunteers worked the 20 day long event that saw over 2.2 MILLION people attend the various events. Seems like two is the magic number… sorry, I digress.

Beginning with “Go Texan” Day tomorrow, there will be the World Championship BBQ Cook-off, the 5K Rodeo Fun Run and a downtown parade BEFORE the rodeo even kicks off.

I’m not a big fan of needing a reason to “Go Texan”, I mean… I’m one every day of my life, right?? But the bottom line is… since its beginning in 1932, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has committed more than $265 million to scholarships and other endowments to a various educational and youth programs.

THAT is worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment